Manchin: “Mr. Karzai…it’s time for us to leave your country” (video)
Print This Post
By Steven Allen Adams | West Virginia Watchdog
“Mr. Karzai, I’m sorry, but it’s time for us to leave your country and let you take care of your own problems,” Manchin said.
Manchin’s comments after Karzai to a Pakistani TV station on Saturday that he would support Pakistan over the United States if a military conflict were to break out between the two nuclear powers.
“If you want to harbor the enemy we’ll come back in and take care of the terrorists,” Manchin said. “But we’re not going to build your bridges, your roads, your water, or your schools. That is your responsibility.”
The relationship between the U.S. and Pakistan has always been an odd one, but has grown heated since the killing of terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden by U.S. Special Forces in Pakistan in May.
Manchin has been vocal about pulling troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, choosing to spend money currently being spent in those countries on projects in the U.S. Manchin serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee.
Watch Manchin’s statement below:
- WVSEN: Manchin Launches “Rebuilding America Week” at the W.Va. Chamber of Commerce (with video) (westvirginia.watchdog.org)
- Afghanistan would side with Pakistan in war with US, says Hamid Karzai, Afghans “will never betray their brother” (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Time To Leave Afghanistan? (caseyhendrickson.wordpress.com)
- Afghanistan would back Pakistan in war with US, claims Hamid Karzai (telegraph.co.uk)
- Afghanistan would support Pakistan in war with U.S., Karzai says (theglobeandmail.com)
Comments are closed.